Distinctive Quality Student Housing Serving Miami University Since 1975
- Our lease is a joint and several liability lease. This means all tenants on the lease are responsible for the rent to be paid.
- Once you sign our lease, you are legally bound. There is no grace period or cancellation policy.
- An incomplete lease does not mean it's an invalid lease, however if a new, eligible group presents itself, we have the right to lease an incomplete lease to another group.
RENT DUE DATES
- For our student rental properties, the rent is paid in two installments prior to the start of each semester.
- The first installment of rent is due July 1st.
- The second installment of rent is due December 1st.
- We accept cash, money order, or check payable to Park Place Real Estate. We do not have the capabilities to accept credit cards.
- We will accept financial aid (FA) payments if we receive written documentation prior to the 1st rental payment due date.
- For financial aid tenants, 40% of the 1st semester rent is due July 1st and then the remaining 60% is due September 5th.
- For financial aid tenants, 40% of the 2nd semester rent is due December 1st and then the remaining 60% is due January 15th.
- The utilities for all of our properties ARE SEPARATE and PAID BY THE TENANTS.
- The average monthly utility cost depends on the property and the number of tenants. The best way to find out those costs is to ask the current tenants or call the utility companies and request an average monthly utility cost.
- It's required that you put the utility service in your name.
- There are some properties, as stated in our lease, in which the utility service must remain in our name. For those properties, we will bill the tenants for the utility service.
MOVE-IN & MOVE-OUT DATES
- Move-in day is the Wednesday before fall semester begins.
- Move-out day is the Monday after spring graduation.
- We have a full-time maintenance staff to take care of any maintenance issues you may have during your tenancy.
- We are also on-call for any after hours emergency maintenance.
- Additionally, we are state licensed in Ohio in HVAC, plumbing, electric, professional engineering, and real estate.
- Unfortunately, our student rentals are not pet friendly. We also do not allow 4 Paws for Ability training dogs.
- A renewal lease is when 50% or more of the current tenants will be living in the same property the following school year.
- For free, renewal tenants are allowed to store their belongings and live in the property over the summer. This may be something you want to consider for the next school year.
- We accept cash, check, or money order
- Please make checks payable to: Park Place Real Estate.
- We do NOT accept credit cards.
- The deposit will be returned to you at the end of the lease term less any charges you may incur during your tenancy.
- The deposit rate is based on the maximum occupancy of the property as determined by its rental permit.
- For houses with the occupancy of 8 or more people, we will allow groups to sign a lease with one less person than the required occupancy, however the deposit amount will not change.
DEPOSIT RATES - HOUSES
- 1 person = $850 total deposit
- 2 people = $1,500 total deposit
- 3 people = $2,250 total deposit
- 4 people = $3,000 total deposit*
*Exceptions: 118 W Collins, 205 E Church, 302 S Main, 302 ½ S Main, &
415 E Withrow = $3,400 total deposit.
- 5 people = $3,750 total deposit
- 6 people = $4,500 total deposit
- 7 people = $5,250 total deposit
- 8 people = $6,000 total deposit*
*Exception: 115 N Bishop = $6,800 total deposit.
- 9 people = $6,750 total deposit
- 10 people = $7,500 total deposit
- 11 people = $8,250 total deposit
- 12 people = $9,000 total deposit
- 15 people = $9,750 total deposit
DEPOSIT RATES - UPTOWN APARTMENTS
- You must be 18 years old to sign a lease.
- You must provide a valid driver's license to sign a lease. (Not a Miami student ID).
- You must pay the total DEPOSIT amount for the lease agreement at the time the lease is initially signed: deposit rates
- You must submit a parent guarantor within 10 business days of signing a lease: parent guarantor
- You must tour the property prior to signing the lease.
- To tour a house, please stop by the property with your group and politely ask the current tenants if you can see it.
- To tour an apartment, please call or email our office to schedule an appointment.
- To start the lease signing process, please come to our office with at least half of your group and the total deposit. For example: an 8 person house requires a $6,000 deposit. Therefore to start the lease, you would need 4 people to come to our office with the full deposit amount of $6,000.
- Within 48 hours, the remaining tenants need to sign the lease. If they do not sign, then at our discretion we may lease the property to a new group. However the initial group that did sign will still be bound to the lease until a new group fully signs the lease and meets our requirements.
- We will allow students going abroad to share a spot on the lease.
- We lease our available properties on a first come, first serve basis.
- WE DO NOT HOLD PROPERTIES.
Closed daily from noon-1pm
Park Place Real Estate Management, Inc. ::: 116 E High Street ::: Oxford, OH 45056 ::: (513) 523-2015 ::: (513) 524-9935 fax