Contact us at:  (513) 523-2015
Info@ParkPlaceRealEstate.net
 
Business Hours:
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
closed daily from noon -1pm
Distinctive Quality Student Housing Serving Miami University Since 1975

LEASING INFORMATION

REQUIREMENTS TO SIGN A LEASE
  • You must be 18 years old to sign a lease.
  • You must provide a valid driver's license to sign a lease. (No Miami student ID's).
  • You must pay the total required refundable deposit amount for the lease agreement at the time the lease is signed.
  • You must submit a parent guarantor within 10 business days of signing a lease.
  • You must have toured the property prior to signing the lease.
  • To tour a house, please stop by the property with your group and politely ask the current tenants if you can see it. 
  • To tour an apartment, please call or email our office to schedule an appointment.

LEASE SIGNING PROCESS
  • To start the lease signing process, please come to our office with at least half of your group and the total refundable deposit. For example: an 8 person house = $6,000 deposit.  Therefore to start a lease, you would need 4 people to come to our office with $6,000.
  • Within 48 hours, the remaining tenants need to sign the lease.  If they do not sign, then at our discretion we may lease the property to a new group.  However the initial group that did sign will still be bound to the lease until a new group fully signs the lease and meets our requirements.
  • We accept cash, check, or money order payable to: Park Place Real Estate.  We do not accept credit cards.

2018-2019 DEPOSIT RATES FOR HOUSES
  • 1 person = $850 total deposit
  • 2 people = $1,500 total deposit
  • 3 people = $2,250 total deposit
  • 4 people = $3,000 total deposit*
*Exception:  118 W Collins, 205 E Church, 302 S Main, 302 1/2 S Main, & 415 E Withrow:  $3,400 total deposit.
  • 5 people = $3,750 total deposit
  • 6 people = $4,500 total deposit
  • 7 people = $5,250 total deposit
  • 8 people = $6,000 total deposit*
*Exception:  115 N Bishop:  $6,800 total deposit.​
  • 9 people = $6,750 total deposit
  • 10 people = $7,500 total deposit
  • 11 people = $8,250 total deposit
  • 12 people = $9,000 total deposit
  • 15 people = $9,750 total deposit

2018-2019 DEPOSIT RATES FOR UPTOWN APARTMENTS
  • 2 people = $1,700
  • 3 people = ​$2,550
  • 4 people = $3,400

LEASING POLICIES
  • We lease our available properties on a first come, first serve basis.  WE DO NOT HOLD PROPERTIES.
  • Once you sign a lease, you are legally bound. There is no grace period or cancellation policy.  
  • An incomplete lease does not necessarily mean it's invalid, however if a new, eligible group presents itself, the landlord has the right to lease an incomplete lease to another group.
  • The deposit will be returned to you at the end of the lease term less any charges you may incur during your tenancy.  
  • The deposit rate is based on the occupancy the property is historically leased
  • For houses with the occupancy of 8 or more people, we will allow groups to sign leases with one less person than the required occupancy, however the deposit amount will not change.
  • The utilities are separate and paid by the tenants.  To find out the monthly average, either ask the current tenants or contact the utility companies directly.

GOING ABROAD?
  • We will allow tenants going abroad to share a spot on a lease with another person for the semester they will be abroad.
  • You can look on "Miami University's Study Abroad" Facebook page to assist in locating someone to share your spot.
LEASE DOCUMENTS





GENERAL INFORMATION
The following is general information about our company policies and procedures for our student rentals.

MOVE-IN DATE
  • Move in day is the Wednesday before classes begin.

RENTAL PAYMENT DUE DATES
  • For our student rental properties, the rent is paid in two installments prior to the start of each semester.
  • The first installment of rent is due July 1st.
  • The second installment of rent is due December 1st.
  • You will receive a courtesy reminder for your rent payment, however your lease is your official invoice. 
  • We accept cash, money order, or check payable to Park Place Real Estate.  We do not have the capabilities to accept credit cards. 

FINANCIAL AID
  • We will accept financial aid (FA) payments as long as we receive written documentation prior to the 1st rental payment due date.
  • You can either email, fax, or regular mail us written verification that you are receiving financial aid either from Miami University or the financial institution providing you with FA.
  • For all financial aid tenants, 40% of the 1st semester rent is due July 1st and then the remaining 60% is due September 5th.  For 2nd semester rent, 40% is due December 1st and then the remaining 60% is due January 15th.

UTILITIES
  • The utilities for all of our properties are separate and paid by the tenants.  
  • It's required that you put the utility service in your name.  For some properties, the utility service must remain in our name, however we will bill the tenants back for that utility service.  
  • Please visit our utility guide web page for company names and phone numbers.

24 HOUR EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE
  • We are the only property management company in Oxford that has its own in-house, full-time, highly skilled maintenance staff to provide you with around the clock maintenance service so you’ll experience no-worry living.  
  • Additionally, we are state licensed in Ohio in HVAC, plumbing, electric, professional engineering, and real estate.  Our vast knowledge and experience enables us to offer you timely and superior service as well as solve any major issues if they should arise.   
  • For a non-emergency maintenance request, you can either email us, call us at (513) 523-2015, or submit a work order by visiting our maintenance request web page.
  • For an after hours* emergency maintenance request, please call (513) 839-0354.  *An after hours emergency is a situation in which either the property or the tenant will suffer loss if the situation goes uncorrected until the next business day.  For example – the heat goes out.

NO PETS
  • Unfortunately, our student rentals are not pet friendly.  We also do not allow 4 Paws for Ability training dogs.

RENEWAL INFORMATION
  • A renewal lease is when 50% or more of the current tenants will be living in the same property the following school year. 
  • For free, renewal tenants are allowed to store their belongings and live in the property over the summer.  This may be something you want to consider for the next school year.